Some types of apparatus use large quantities of water, for example a sprinkler can use as much water in one hour as a family of four uses for domestic purposes in two days. There is concern about how much water is taken from underground sources and rivers, so that we preserve the balance between the growing demand for water and the environment.
We view the efficient use of water as a partnership between ourselves and our customers and so we have decided upon a policy of metering in the following circumstances.
- Where garden watering is undertaken other than by hand.
- Where the property has an automatically replenished swimming pool.
- For a double bath - that is a bath with a capacity of over 230 litres/50 gallons.
- Where a Reverse Osmosis type water softener system is fitted.
- For a power shower (Pumped and Multihead variety).
Meters are installed free for domestic customers, subject to a satisfactory survey. Please click here to complete a Water Meter Application.