Connections to Properties

We usually replace our stopvalve (also known as a stopcock), the boundary box, and the communication pipe (i.e. the part of the service pipe outside your property boundary). A key to operate the stopvalve can be purchased at our Head Office in Havant.

Inside your property boundary you are responsible for the pipework. This part (see diagram) is known as the supply pipe.

Connections to Properties


Communication Pipe - Portsmouth Water Responsible

Supply Pipe - Customer Responsible (Please click here to view areas of responsibility)

An example of the service pipe to a property being replaced.



Legal Notice | Site Map 

Copyright © Portsmouth Water Ltd
P.O. Box 8,West Street, Havant, Hampshire, PO9 1LG
Registered in England No 2536455 VAT No GB 615375835