Our Promise to You
Our Building Developer promise sets out the levels of service developers can expect from Portsmouth Water.
We understand that our performance in dealing with your enquiry will help you meet deadlines and shape your decision to use Portsmouth Water as your preferred supplier.
Our promise ensures that by working in partnership with you we can deliver water to your development in a timely and efficient way. Please click here to read more about our Building Developer Promise.
Code for Adoption Agreements
To arrange water supplies for your site or new property, you can choose the installer that best suits your needs and timescales. This might not be Portsmouth Water. It may be more economical and may suit your building programme for an independent ‘self-lay provider’ (SLP) to install the water mains. In addition it may afford you opportunities to use one SLP to install multiple utilities.
The SLPs are accredited to the standards necessary for us to adopt the pipework at completion. We supervise their work in the same way that we supervise our own contractors.
You can find out more below:
- For delivery options available for new connections infrastructure that Developers and Self-lay Providers, require, or the use of New Appointees. Click here
- To view our current procedural guidance, model adoption agreements, or forms required to complete for the construction and adoption of the relevant infrastructure, including application forms. Click here
- For details of current levels of service, for Developers and others, that we publicly report against Click here
- For details of all levels of service, and how Portsmouth Water are performing within the water industry, visit the Water UK website: https://developerservices.water.org.uk
- For details of redress for failure to meet levels of service, customers are directed to the Centre for Dispute Resolution CEDR, or the Consumer Council for Water. For information about our complaints process, including timescales. Click here
Contact information for queries:
Mains Requisitions and Diversions
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 02392 249 327.
New Service Connections
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 023 9244 9088
Developer Service Standards
Following an initiative from the government, the water industry has established a scheme to compare companies performance relating to the delivery of developer services.
Portsmouth Water is delighted to be in the upper quartile of performance and we are working hard to continue to deliver a first class service.