The customer services pages explain our service standards, let you know how we calculate your account and gives details of payment methods.
Our special services, primarily aimed at our older and disabled customers, are also featured here.
If you are moving house, you can register your change of address here.
Portsmouth Water has a proud history of providing high quality service to its customers whilst having the lowest water supply charges in England and Wales. Our dedicated Customer Service Staff are available to answer all customer calls ranging from supply problems through to account queries, whilst our Operations Centre is manned 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to deal with all supply emergencies.
Levels of Customer Service are audited annually by the Water Services Regulation Authority (OFWAT), who consistently report that the service provided by the Company is at the highest level.
Our Customer Promise
- We will present ourselves in a professional manner.
- We will always be courteous.
- We will aim to resolve issues at the first point of contact, but recognise when specialist intervention is required.
- Whenever dealing with a member of the public we should give a name.
- When visiting a customer’s home or business an ID card must always be shown.
- We will not use jargon or technical terms without explanation.
- We will inform customers of our service standards so they are aware of the likely duration of a particular matter.
- We will dress in a manner which is presentable.
- We will ensure that someone is available to deal with external customers throughout our advertised opening hours.
- We will endeavour to keep customers informed with appropriate notification when we may cause them a disturbance.
- We will try to avoid damaging or soiling a customer’s property and surroundings.
- We will leave jobs tidy.
- We will ensure we have an efficient way of answering the phone and collecting messages.