Welcome to the web page of the Customer Challenge Group for Portsmouth Water
The Portsmouth Water Customer Challenge Group (CCG) was established in 2012. Its objectives and terms of reference were agreed by the Group in the same year. Its purpose was to challenge the development of the Company’s Business Plan for the 5 years from 2015 and more generally on its approach to Customer Engagement.
The Company placed customers at the heart of its plan. The CCG ensured that the company’s customers had been consulted and the plan took account of customers’ views, particularly on issues which impacted on levels of service or the level of bills.
The Company now wishes the role of the CCG to evolve to enable it to report on the progress of Portsmouth Water in the delivery of its commitments in its Plan and arising from the Final Determination of prices in December 2014.
Membership of the Group:
The Customer Challenge Group (CCG) comprises regulators, customer representatives, local government elected members and key stakeholders as listed below;
Charles Burns, Federation of Small Businesses
Karen Gibbs, Consumer Council for Water
Lakh Jemmett, Independent CCG Chairman
John Hall, West Sussex Growers Association
Richard Harris, West Sussex Hospital Trust
David Howarth, Environment Agency
Douglas Kite, Natural England
Andrew Lee, South Downs National Park
Simon Oakley, Chichester District Council
Kirk Phillips, Winchester City Council
Ingrid Strawson, Consumer Council for Water
Jon Stuart, Havant Citizens Advice Bureau
All these members are completely independent of Portsmouth Water.
The Role of the CCG
- Reviewing the performance against each of the Company’s commitments and Outcome Delivery Incentives in its Business Plan
- Producing an annual report to the Company’s Board summarising its findings on the above, which will accompany the Company’s Risk and Compliance Statement or Assurance Report. This report will also be shared with customers and stakeholders.
- Advising on and monitoring the effectiveness of, Portsmouth Water’s ongoing engagement with its customers in each community recognising all socio economic groups which it serves
The Group will meet at least three times per year.
This web page will be continually updated to show the progress of the Customer Challenge Group. All relevant documents and meeting minutes will be posted here as and when they are complete. Below is a list of relevant documents showing the progress to date:
- CG Terms of Reference 2 July 2015
- Minutes of the Meeting held on 12 July 2016
- Minutes of the meeting held on 18 Oct 2016
The next meeting is scheduled for Monday May 2017
If you have any comments or observations about how we engage with customers please forward them to the Steve Morley either by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to:
Steve Morley, Regulation Manager
Portsmouth Water Limited
PO Box 8